Year 11 Dance - Performance
Teacher in Charge: L. Neal
This course is aimed at confident, enthusiastic, energetic students who are seeking to expand their knowledge of dance history and analysis and are keen to perform to an audience. Dance Performance has an emphasis on culture and well being. The skills learned are valuable in any career that requires leadership, team work, communication skills, creativity, taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone. These are all skills that are very sought after in any work place today.
• Group Composition - students choreograph dances using the themes of culture and well being for performance.
• Perform Dance Sequences - students learn a cultural and a current dance style for performance.
• Group Dance - students learn, rehearse and perform group dances.
• Understanding the elements of dance - students reflect on practical choreographic techniques in a written and digital portfolio.
• View and respond to dance works. Students analyse and make informed judgments about the dance.
• Demonstrate knowledge of a dance style/ genre . Understand the personal, social or historic circumstances that impact dance styles.
• Improve technique and performance skills.
• Personal fitness and health
• Exercise imagination and find original solutions to choreographic tasks.
• Communicate ideas about dance through writing and sketching.
• Develop leadership and communication skills by working as a team.
• Knowing valuing and accepting the strengths and skills of others.
Contributions and Equipment
2x 1b5 exercise books
2 x black leggings ( preferably 1x short , 1x ¾ length)
Recommended Prior Learning