Year 11 Geography - Explore and Experience
Teacher in Charge: D. Severinsen
What students will learn:
• Basic geographic skills, orienteering and exploring the world around us by using Google Earth and other online digital tools.
• Develop an understanding of sustainable environments.
How students will learn:
- Through collaborating, communicating, using critical thinking skills and fieldwork.
- Through practical indoor/outdoor activities.
- Through conducting and presenting geographic research.
What students will enjoy:
- Using digital tools such as Google Earth.
- Using virtual reality tools such as Google Glasses.
- Learning outside the classroom through local research and an optional one day trip - location to be confirmed (possibly to the Poor Knights Islands).
Contributions and Equipment
Own electronic device - lap top or notebook
Exercise book 1B8 or 2B8
Pens, pencils, ruler, gluestick, coloured pencils
Recommended Prior Learning
Possible future careers: Urban/Environmental/Regional/Town Planner, Immigration Officer, Intelligence Officer, Construction and Infrastructure, Geospatial Specialist, Survey Technician, Surveyor, Secondary School Teacher, Tertiary Lecturer, Geologist, Meteorologist, Travel Agent/Adviser, Historian, Retail Manager, Actor, Art Director (Film/Television/Stage), Artistic Director, Translator, Archivist, Conservator, Curator, Librarian, Library Assistant, Author, Journalist, Elected Government Representative, Policy Analyst, Barrister, Judge, Legal Executive, Solicitor, Records Adviser, Retail and Personal Services, Teaching, Demographer, Tourist Operator, Tourism Industry, Archaeologist, Anthropologist, Resource Management, Diplomat, Sociologist, Film maker, Lawyer, Social Work, Survey Technician, Volcanologist.,