Year 12 Art Design
Teacher in Charge: M. White
Content: This course introduces students to Adobe Design Suite, the design process and related skills, language and terminology. Students will develop an understanding of visual communication methods and an appreciation of contemporary practice. Students will be required to maintain a visual/digital diary which documents their design process, application of artist models, image making and development of ideas. They will produce work for two internal design briefs which will lead into the 2 x A1 folio boards.
• Understand and apply Adobe Design Suite skills - Photoshop & In Design
• Effectively use the computer, scanner, printer and digital camera
• Create and manipulate graphic images and text
• Understand the design process, associated language and terminology
• Understand and apply principles associated with typography
• Look at design history and contemporary practice
Contributions and Equipment
Adata UV150 Flash drive 32GB USB 3.0 Black – Optional
1 x Columbia Copperplate 2B Pencil
Black Rollerball Gel Pen – Fine tip
Recommended Prior Learning
It is recommended that students have completed a year 11 course in Visual Art, Art-Design & Photography or Design and Visual Communication prior to taking this course.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 16 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.