Year 12 Design and Visual Communication
Teacher in Charge: R. Maunder
Students work through the design process to solve an architectural or product problem in the community. Where applicable, students work with 'real' clients and contexts, further enabling them to explore human factors, such as; ergonomics, anthropometric data and empathy. They will explore design history and presentation methods to create quality outcomes for an audience. This may include 3D modelling.
Students will enhance their ability to:
• Develop a product and spatial design in response to a brief
• Communicate design ideas through a variety of graphic modes
• Explore Spatial Design and modelling to present a design solution
• Develop a product, using digital software to model ideas and the 3D printer to present a design solution
• Present design ideas using a range of media and drawing methods and techniques
Contributions and Equipment
Final product $30.00 - (optional)
Recommended Prior Learning
It is highly recommended that students have completed a Design and Visual Communication course in Year 11
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 3 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 17 credits.