Year 12 Product and Design
Teacher in Charge: D. Beazley
Modern society depends on technology and this subject explores, expands and integrates the technology behind common products. There is a strong emphasis on the design process and how to manufacture successful products.
• Planning and time management
• Investigation of design brief for each project
• Research of existing solutions and suitable materials to make informed decisions
• Digital Technology
• Design & Manufacturing
• Design of solutions using creative drawing and sampling techniques
• Graphic communication in the form of construction drawings
• The accurate construction of the project using available processes
Contributions and Equipment
1 A3 Visual Diary
Safety Glass & Ear Protection
Final product - $100.00 optional
Students also have the option to purchase more specialised materials, equipment or resources for their individual projects (e.g: developing screens for printing vs hand cut, pine vs rimu) they will need to be mindful of this when working through the design process.
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 11 Product and Design Technology or Design and Visual Communication
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 3 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 20 credits.