Year 13 Accounting
Teacher in Charge: J. Lang
What will I learn?
- Processing for partnerships and companies
- Processing for manufacturing businesses
- Financial reports for partnerships and companies
- Analysis and interpretation for companies
- Management decision making
- Explain accounting terminology
- Process financial information for partnerships, companies and job-cost subsystems
- Classify and report financial information
- Describe and explain financial reports
- Calculate and interpret percentages and ratios and make recommendations
- Prepare a formal report that analyses and interprets a company’s financial information
- Prepare and explain information for decision making using appropriate techniques
- Evaluate information for management decision making
Suits Students who:
- Have completed Year 12 Accounting successfully
- Are organised and tidy with their work
- Are prepared to practise
- Have regular attendance
- Like teacher led activities
- Like to build layers of information and piece it together
- See a future in business, banking, tourism, money management, business ownership.
Contributions and Equipment
Specific requirements for this class are:
Workbook (Optional) - available from Officemax
Recommended Prior Learning
14 credits at NCEA Level 2 Accounting
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 22
This course is University approved and will allow you to meet the requirements for University Entrance.
Construction and infrastructure, Manufacturing and technology, The Primary Industries, The Service Industries, Social and Community services, Accountant, Actuarial Science, Computer Analyst or programmer, Economist, Engineering Analyst, Information Scientist, Marketing Research Analyst, Mathematician, Meteorologist, Numerical Analyst, Operations Research, Statistician, Systems Analyst, Teacher, Office Manager, Accounts Officer, Banking, Insurance, Business Consultant, Mortgage Broker, Retail Buyer, Auditor, Finance Manager, Financial Adviser, Currency Dealer, Secondary School Teacher, Tertiary Lecturer, Property Manager, Real Estate, Valuer, Business Owner, Business Manager, Advisor, Consultant, Policy Analysis, Business Journalist, Engineering,