Year 13 Art Design
Teacher in Charge: M. White
This course builds upon knowledge gained in the Level Two Art Design Course. Students will further develop an understanding of visual communication techniques and an appreciation of contemporary design practice and typography. Students will be required to maintain a visual/digital diary which documents their generation of ideas, design process, application of artist models, image making and development of ideas. Students will select a topic of their own choice and, using a selection of design briefs, create a body of design work which will be presented on 3 x A1 folio boards for external assessment.
• Further develop and apply Adobe Design Suite skills – Photoshop & In Design
• Effectively use the computer, scanner, printer and digital camera
• Create and manipulate imagery and text in two and three dimensions
• Look further at design history and contemporary practice
• Understand and apply principles associated with typography and layout design.
• Identify a problem (brief) and produce solutions whilst working through the design process.
Recommended Prior Learning
Students must have completed NCEA Level 2 Visual Art, Art-Design, Photography or Design and Visual Communication (DVC) with a minimum 16 credits gained.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 18
This course is University approved and will allow you to meet the requirements for University Entrance.