Year 13 Dance
Teacher in Charge: L. Neal
This course is designed for students who have strong practical and written skills, or girls who have done a lot of extracurricular dance.
This course is 75% practical.
• Students can either choreograph and produce a dance by themselves or as part of a group
• Students learn how to effectively teach a group a sequence of movement
• Students learn ways of developing movement memory and improving concentration
• Students demonstrate their understanding of “Dance Performance” practices in written journal form
• Students will perform a solo or duo in any style
• Students will learn and perform a repertoire of contrasting dance styles
• Students will analyse and evaluate a wide variety of New Zealand dance styles
• Students will have the option of extra external credits by researching dance in New Zealand, both past and present
Choreography, performance, evaluation, movement skills and technique, rhythmic awareness, appreciation of dance, presentation, problem solving, analysis of form and style in movement, develop creativity and imagination, develop confidence in working relationships with others, self discipline, self motivation.
Students will be expected to complete approximately 18 of the credits listed below.
Contributions and Equipment
Specific requirements for this class are:
1 A4 Clearfile
1 A4 Lined Refill Pad
Recommended Prior Learning
Satisfactory/high achievement in Year 12 Dance or by audition.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 30 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 26 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 30
This course is University approved and will allow you to meet the requirements for University Entrance.