Year 13 01 English
Teacher in Charge: M. Northey
This is a course which will explore in-depth issues across a range of complex literary texts chosen from different genres. Students will understand the place of literature in society and the universality of themes throughout history. The texts chosen will challenge students to make complex connections between literature and their own lives.
Students of English develop skills cumulatively with increasing complexity and sophistication in:
• Reading and processing information and thinking critically
• Critically analysing literature and writing essay and short answer responses
• Understanding, responding to and using oral, written and visual language in a range of contexts to communicate effectively
• Setting deadlines and working towards task completion within those deadlines
• Engaging with and enjoying language in all its varieties
Contributions and Equipment
Specific requirements for this class are:
2B8 Exercise Book
A4 Lined Refill Pad
Optional literature text - $20.00
Recommended Prior Learning
15 credits in NCEA Level 2 English.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 21 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 21
This course is University approved and will allow you to meet the requirements for University Entrance.