Year 13 Financial Skills for Life
Teacher in Charge: J. Lang
What will I learn?
This course will help each student to become a financially capable person who is able to make informed judgements and effective decisions regarding their personal use and management of money.
Students will learn to:
• Manage income, spending and saving
• Set goals including long term financial planning
• Budget using the Sorted Template for Weekly Budgets
• Understand the Rights and Responsibilities when renting
• Assess the Financing options when buying a property
• Understand the implications of earning an income eg tax, kiwisaver, saving.
• Financial literacy
• Using digital tools to develop financial capabilities
• Understanding the loan application process
• Gathering targeted information
• Informed Decision-making
• Financial numeracy
• Navigating financial websites
• Accessing government services on line
• Using spreadsheets
• Analysing and evaluating financial information
• Problem solving
• Working together
Contributions and Equipment
General pens, lined refill
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 20 credits.