Year 13 Product and Design Technology
Teacher in Charge: D. Beazley
Modern society depends on technology and this subject explores, expands and integrates the technology behind common products. There is a strong emphasis on the design process and manufacturing techniques. Students work with a client to achieve an outcome suitable to their stakeholder’s wants and needs.
• Planning and time management
• Investigation of design brief for each project
• Research of existing solutions and suitable materials to make informed decisions
• Digital Technology
• Design & Manufacturing
• Design of solutions using creative drawing and sampling techniques
• Graphic communication in the form of construction drawings
• The accurate construction of the project using available processes
Contributions and Equipment
Specific requirements for this class are:
A3 Visual Diary
Safety Glasses & Ear Proestection
Final product $100.00 - Optional
Students have the option of sourcing more specalised materials at their own cost.
Recommended Prior Learning
NCEA Level 2 Product and Design Technology or Level 2 Design and Visual Communication
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 22 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 22
This course is University approved and will allow you to meet the requirements for University Entrance.