Year 10 Art
Teacher in Charge:
Skill Development: Introduce and build confidence using a wide range of art-making media, show students how to apply using correct technique and allow them to experience variety, before focusing on their strengths. Inquiry Project: This allows students to select their own subject matter, artist models, and make works using their favourite art-making techniques.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity: You will be challenged to think of alternative solutions, use your own art-making experience to inform your next steps, learn about colour palette, re-interpret imagery and apply media in your own way.
- Drawing, Painting and Print-making.
- Decision Making: You will focus on your favourite art-making style, select artist models that inspire you and make decisions about media, composition and technique.
- Memorabilia - Personal exploration of meaningful objects (Favourite things, family heirlooms, historical documents, collectables).
- Time Management: Use time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Nature - Celebration of New Zealand's Natural Environment (Places, People, Animals, Plants)
- Visual Literacy: Use images to describe and express your ideas.
- Portraiture - Print and Paint. Using compositional devices to combine people, places and objects.
Year 10, Art
All resources are supplied for use in class.
If students wish to have their own supply of material to use both in class and at home they may purchase the following: Paint Palette and Lid, No. 0 Taklon Round Paintbrush, No. 4 Taklon Round Paintbrush, 2B and 6B Pencil.