Year 10 English
Teacher in Charge:
In English, we continue to build on skills acquisition and a passion for literature, in a course which integrates various strands of the English curriculum. Year 10 English is about “taking your voice out there”.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Themes-based approach, focused on a different literary theme each term.
- Collaborative group skills.
- Read, view, and study a range of short and extended written and visual texts.
- Develop and deliver a formal speech to peers.
- Thinking about how and why language is used for a specific purpose.
- Gain confidence in writing academic literary essays.