Year 10 French
Teacher in Charge:
In 10 French students learn to communicate in spoken and written French about their everyday lives. They develop communication skills as they work with other students in pairs or small groups. They use technology and information to help their communication and begin to develop cross-cultural awareness as they realise that a language is a system of thought which opens a window to another culture.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Communication skills - how to speak, listen, read and write in simple French.
- Self and Family - introducing and describing myself to a person from a French-speaking culture. How are our lives different? How are they the same
- Information Use skills - how to choose which words best suit your communication goal.
- School Life - What is school like in French-speaking countries? How will I tell a French-speaking friend what my school is like?
- Technology Use skills - how to use digital tools to help your language learning.
- Hobbies, Sports and Free time - communicating about what I do outside of school. What do French teenagers do in their free time?
- Systems thinking skills - notice the patterns in the language and how the different way of expressing ideas reflects a different cultural viewpoint.
- Food and Celebration - How will I tell a French friend what food I like or don’t like? What are some famous celebrations in French-speaking countries? Are there similarities with celebrations in Aotearoa New Zealand?
Year 10, Modern Foreign Languages
1 x 1B5 exercise book