Year 10 Junior History - The Mucky Middle Ages.
Teacher in Charge:
In Year 10 History we explore the messy world of Europe in the Middle Ages. Students are encouraged to pursue topics that interest them so the course changes from year to year. This course encourages students to ask questions, find their own answers and to respond creatively to the past.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking- using logic, interpreting information to create understanding, comparing the past to the present.
- Women and children- the “invisible” people, what were their lives like?
- Information literacy- identifying fact and opinion, making judgements about the quality of information, assessing the reliability of different sources of information such as websites.
- Knights and wars- the cult of the warrior and the code of honour.
- Communication skills- communicating effectively in a variety of formats: for example in small group and full class discussions; written work; visual formats.
- The Black Death- the nightmare plague that raged through Europe.
- Fairies, elves and witches- the superstitious beliefs of Medieval times.
- Robin Hood- a real life hero or a thug?
- Food- how to cook Medieval style.
- Hygiene- how dirty were they really?
- Medicine- strange potions and deadly doctors.
Year 10, History
1B8 exercise book