Year 10 Te Reo Māori Matatau
Teacher in Charge: R. Ruka
Not offered in 2021
Provides a platform for kōhine who are fluent or coming from Kura kaupapa Māori and Kura a Iwi.
75% Te Reo Māori in the classroom.
This programme will give kōhine a look from a 'Māori World view'. Ākonga will study the following kaupapa:
- Pepeha and Whakapapa - Expand on what they already have about their Pepeha and Whakapapa. Ko wai ahau (Who am I), Nō hea ahau (Where am I from), Tōku whānau (My family)
- Kura karakia - Te Timatanga
- Ngā atua Māori - The children of Ranginui and Papatuānuku
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi - An introduction into the Treaty of Waitangi
- Te Whare o Te Rau Aroha - An introduction to parts of our whare and the meanings of our whakairo
- Te Whakaputanga o ngā Rangatira
- Pūanga me Te iwa o Matariki