Teacher in Charge: J. Lang
What will I learn?
The focus of this course is to process, report and analyse financial information for a business. In doing so the students will learn how to manipulate spreadsheets in order to prepare cash journals, ledger accounts and financial statements. They will then analyse how well the business has performed and make recommendations on how to improve its performance in the future.
Students will be able to:
- Gather information from source documents and/or transactions and process them into cash journals
- Transfer the cash journal information to ledger accounts and prepare a trial balance
- Classify the trial balance into appropriate categories
- Prepare financial statements
- Calculate ratios and percentages
- Identify and explain trends
- Make justified recommendations in order to improve results
- Use spreadsheets
- Source financial information from source documents
- Process financial information into journals and ledgers
- Classify and report financial information
- Interpret percentages and ratios and make recommendations
Suits students who:
- Like numbers
- Are organised and methodical
- Like to build layers of information and piece it together
- See a future in business, banking, tourism, money management, business ownership.
If students intend to take 12 Accounting in 2022 they should study Yr 11 Accounting - Manage my business (11ACCM) in 2021.
1 Pocket Calculator
Accountant, Office Manager, Accounts Officer, Banking, Insurance, Business Consultant, Mortgage Broker, Retail Buyer, Auditor, Finance Manager, Financial Adviser, Secondary School Teacher, Tertiary Lecturer, Property Manager, Real Estate, Valuer, Business Owner, Business Manager, Advisor, Consultant, Policy Analysis, Business Journalist