Year 11 English - Let's Get Critical, Critical
Teacher in Charge:
In Let’s Get Critical, students are encouraged to investigate and understand a range of issues and be discerning about the nature of the information that they are exposed to. They will explore and discuss controversial topics, developing an awareness and acceptance of how issues may be viewed differently from one person to the next.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking skills - how to unpack and thoughtfully explore both sides of controversial issues.
- Content is informed by current local, national and international events and issues.
- Information literacy skills - how to find relevant information that is reliable and valid.
- Exploration of philosophy and its impact on our ethics and our morals.
- Reasoning skills - how to negotiate the pros/cons of ideas, approaches, and solutions to issues that we face.
- Research into issues that are relevant to ourselves and to society.
- Editing skills - ensuring that the written work we complete is technically accurate, and fit for the purpose and audience.
- Exploration of viewpoints other than their own and learn how to argue respectfully.
Year 11, English
1B5 or 1B8 workbook