Year 11 English - Mirror mirror
Teacher in Charge:
In Mirror, Mirror, students will develop their understanding of what it means to be a teenager in the 21st century and will explore this understanding in a range of literature. This course encourages students to think about texts as windows or mirrors. They will use critical thinking skills as they unpack and analyse the ideas within a range of texts.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Essay writing skills - how to independently write a structured essay that addresses a studied text.
- Explore a range of self-selected texts, personally responding to what you have read or viewed.
- Analytical skills - how to interpret texts and unpack the complex ideas within them.
- Read an extended text and learn the elements of a novel.
- Reading skills - read a range of text types, to build understanding and an appreciation of reading for pleasure.
- Use our understanding of these elements to write a literary essay based on the literature that has been explored.
Year 11, English
1B5 or 1B8 workbook