Year 11 English - Weaving Words
Teacher in Charge:
In Weaving Words, students will explore different forms of writing and learn how to target particular audiences in an effective way. This course encourages students to play with different genres of writing and take risks with their writing, focusing on themes or issues that are important to them and ultimately editing and preparing their top pieces to the level of possible publication.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Understand how language works to engage and communicate.
- Become familiar with different language techniques and styles so that writing will always fit the audience.
- Expand general knowledge and vocabulary.
- Understand how consistent word choice and imagery can build mood and atmosphere.
- Build appreciation of literature by discussing effectiveness of writing exemplars and being open to giving and receiving feedback on our own and others’ writing.
- Discuss and compare interpretations of what is going on in the world around us.
Year 11, English
1B5 or 1B8 workbook