Year 11 Leadership in action
Teacher in Charge:
"One life influencing another" Vision, Inspiration, Empathy, Empowerment, Accountability.
Leadership is not about the leader having all the ideas but them making sure all ideas are heard and the best one is acted on. The aim of this course is to raise awareness of the qualities of effective leaders and develop the leadership potential in the participants.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical and creative thinking.
- What makes a leader effective, what are their characteristics and what are their stories?
- Interpersonal skills including effective listening, giving and receiving. feedback, the art of negotiation and how to achieve an “I win, you win” outcome.
- Different leadership styles and different leadership for different situations.
- Project management and systems thinking to build and develop an effective team and collaborate on the project.
- Motivation as a driver of behaviour and how to build motivational strategies for better teams.
- Personal qualities of responsibility, self discipline, empathy, initiative, integrity, resilience and adaptability.
- Scope and lead a team in a project for a community purpose - school or local community.
- You and your leadership journey.
Year 11, Business, Money and the Economy
1 Ring Binder
1 Set of Dividers
1 Clear File
1 A4 Lined Refill Pad