Year 11 Mathematical Mindsets - An Integrated Approach
Teacher in Charge:
This course enables students to integrate their mathematical knowledge to solve real world problems. The focus is on helping each student to demonstrate a growth mindset in mathematical activities which leads to greater involvement, understanding and achievement. Just in time teaching will be used where students need a new skill or knowledge to be able to continue the problem solving process.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking- Be able to illustrate your mathematical thinking visually and to demonstrate mathematical curiosity by asking mathematical questions.
- Students will use learnings from Number, Algebra, Measurement, Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics and Probability to solve real life problems.
- Communication/Collaboration- Communicate your mathematical ideas with others and make connections between your learning and your peers’ learning.
- Assessment will be based on the knowledge and skills that students demonstrate in each project.
- Problem Solving- Be creative and open when solving mathematical problems.
- Contexts could be: Construction of a Zip Line course, Assembly capacity at WGHS, Problems sourced from local businesses.
- Growth Mindset- Develop the belief that you can learn Mathematics to a high level and will take risks and value mistakes when solving mathematical problems.
Year 11, Mathematics