Year 11 Mathematical Mindsets - An Integrated Approach
Teacher in Charge:
This course enables students to integrate their mathematical knowledge to solve real world problems. The focus is on helping each student to demonstrate a growth mindset in mathematical activities which leads to greater involvement, understanding and achievement. Just in time teaching will be used where students need a new skill or knowledge to be able to continue the problem solving process.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking- Be able to illustrate your mathematical thinking visually and to demonstrate mathematical curiosity by asking mathematical questions.
- Students will use learnings from Number and Measurement to solve real life problems.
- Communication/Collaboration- Communicate your mathematical ideas with others and make connections between your learning and your peers’ learning.
- Assessment will be based on the knowledge and skills that students demonstrate in each project.
- Problem Solving- Be creative and open when solving mathematical problems.
- Contexts could be: Construction of a Zip Line course, Assembly capacity at WGHS, Subdivision Development, Problems sourced from local businesses.
- Growth Mindset- Develop the belief that you can learn Mathematics to a high level and will take risks and value mistakes when solving mathematical problems.
This course will involve an all day field trip to visit local businesses and developments.
Year 11, Mathematics
A Maths exercise book