Year 11 Mathematics with Algebraic Thinking
Teacher in Charge:
This course allows students to develop their number skills and algebraic thinking. Students will solve problems in a real life context involving fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios and exchange rates. Students will learn to express ideas algebraically, manipulate algebraic expressions and use algebra to solve linear and quadratic problems.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking- Be able to illustrate your mathematical thinking visually and to demonstrate mathematical curiosity by asking mathematical questions.
- Develop your understanding of algebraic notation and expressions.
- Reason - be able to demonstrate a set of logical steps to their solution.
- Manipulate algebraic expressions using shared norms.
- Solve problems using a set of linear equations, tables and graphs in a real world context.
- Solve problems involving quadratic equations and their graphical representations.
Year 11, Mathematics
2 x 1E5 exercise books, Scientific/Graphics calculator