Year 11 Science - Cells to Selfies
Teacher in Charge:
In this course students explore the tree of life, ranging from single-celled bacteria through to complex animals such as humans. This course aims to foster curiosity and collaboration as students build a shared understanding of the diversity of living things, as well as developing their ability to communicate effectively in written form as preparation for senior biology.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking - evaluating the connections between evidence and ideas.
- The diversity of life: from bacteria to fungi, plants to animals - what are the links between these diverse life forms? How have they adapted to the challenges of life?
- Reading & writing - how to interpret texts to build understanding and communicate this in written form.
- Understand where humans sit in the “tree of life” and how evolution has shaped complex life over 3.5 billion years.
- Curiosity & collaboration - work together to build a shared. understanding.
- DNA is the universal code shared by all living things; it is the key to understanding inheritance - how traits are passed on.
Year 11, Science
1x 1E5 exercise book