Teacher in Charge: S. Scourfield
Genes, Genetics and Ethics!
• How you inherit your traits from your whakapapa/family, punnet squares and pedigree charts
• Mutations, genetic disorders and inheritance
• DNA, chromosomes, genes, alleles and how they work
• Gene editing (CRISPR) and the power of technology
• Environmental impacts, natural selection and survival.
Diseases, disorders and diet!
• Building bones and magnificent movement
• Tying it all together with joints, ligaments, tendons and tissues
• Broken bones, diet disorders and setting things straight
Plant Processes and Adaptations for survival
Recommended for students wanting to go in to Year 12 Biology.
"It was very fun and very informational"
"It was a lot of fun and I learnt a lot from it"
"I would say that it is a good course to prepare you for Level 2 and it is very informative"
"I really enjoyed this subject, and think it's a good way to be introduced to Biology."
"This course is extremely interesting if you are in to the genetic part of bio and or how you inherit things"
"It gives you a good understanding of biology and a good amount of work. It is also interesting"
"I would recommend this course for anyone who wonders why they are the way they are"
"I think the course is great to get a better understanding of how our body works and really understand what happens under the skin"
1 x 1B5 exercise book
Scipad Genetic Variation mini book (optional) available from Officemax