Year 11 Science - This IS Rocket Science!
Teacher in Charge:
Rockets exist because people have learned to harness the energy of chemical reactions in order to overcome gravity. In this course, students will explore fundamental ideas of physics and chemistry. Students will develop practical science skills in a variety of hands-on activities, while also learning to explain complex ideas using effective language and mathematical reasoning.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Scientific skills - how to develop, carry out, and interpret the results of scientific investigations.
- Forces and motion - all motion occurs as a result of the action of forces.
- Critical thinking - evaluating the connections between evidence and ideas.
- Energy - energy is conserved.
- Mathematical reasoning - solving problems using equations.
- Atomic structure - all matter is composed of particles called atoms; different atoms have different properties.
- Collaboration - working together to solve problems.
- Chemical reactions - when atoms interact they form new substances.
Year 11, Science
1B8 or 1E8 exercise book or similar