Level 2 Biology - Cells and Genetics
Teacher in Charge:
In L2 Biology - Cells and Genetics students explore complex ideas of life processes and genetic inheritance. This course encourages critical thinking as students consider the key concept of “form matching function”, and will develop their ability to interpret text and write effectively in order to communicate their understanding.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Scientific skills - how to develop, carry out, and interpret the results of scientific investigations.
- Cells are the basic unit of all living things - what are they and how do they work? Consider processes including cellular respiration, photosynthesis, and DNA replication.
- Reading & writing - how to interpret texts to build understanding and communicate this in written form.
- The code for building us (and all of life) is hidden in our DNA; how are traits inherited? How do our genes determine what we look like? Where does variation between individuals come from?
- Critical thinking - evaluating the connections between evidence and ideas.
- Life is diverse and difficult - how have different groups of animals adapted to overcome their challenges?
1x 1E5 exercise book OR 30 page clearfile
1x Refill pad
Level 2 Biology SciPad - external workbook (optional but helpful - order online)