Level 2 Biology - Skills and Adaptations
Teacher in Charge:
In this course students will investigate animal systems, adaptations and processes that underpin Biology. Students will study the inheritance of traits and variation in genetics. They will design and carry out investigations and develop skills in interpreting text, critical thinking and writing discussions to convey their ideas.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Scientific skills - how to develop, carry out, and interpret the results of scientific investigations.
- Life is diverse and difficult - how have different groups of animals adapted to overcome their challenges?
- Reading & writing - how to interpret texts to build understanding and communicate this in written form.
- Cells - these are the basic building blocks of life. Explore these under the microscope and look at processes that occur including transport of materials.
- Critical thinking - evaluating the connections between evidence and ideas. Distinguishing fact from opinion.
- Issues for society - microbes and vaccination. Explore biological ideas and critically evaluate information presented to the public.
- Variation - how is variation created in a species? How is it inherited?
1x 1E5 exercise book OR 30 page clearfile
1x Refill pad
Level 2 Biology SciPad - 19957 external workbook (optional but helpful - order online)