Level 2 Chemistry with Reactivity
Teacher in Charge:
This course will cover key chemical knowledge including structure and bonding of atoms, organic chemistry, chemical reactivity and chemical practical investigation. Students will be able to explain these concepts and use chemistry conventions to support their understanding. Students will undertake practical experiments to gather data and support this with chemical reaction understanding.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Scientific skills - develop key ideas and apply these to a range of contexts, interpret results and carry out investigations.
- Atomic structure and Bonding, the foundation of all chemical reactions.
- Critical thinking - making connections between core ideas and how these can be applied, understanding links between evidence and theory.
- Multiple types of chemical reactions will be explored to understand how atoms and molecules behave, bond and react in different contexts.
- Practical laboratory skills - understand how to undertake reactions safely in the laboratory and carry out experiments to collect data.
- Organic chemistry reactions and identification.
- Chemical reactivity including rates of reactions, equilibrium and acids and bases.
2-3 x 1E5 or 1E8 exercise book
Scientific or Graphics Calculator
Scipad for 2.4 Structure and Bonding, 2.5 Organics and 2.6 Chemical Reactivity (recommended) Optional