Level 2 Art Design
Teacher in Charge:
Students will develop an understanding of visual communication methods and an appreciation of contemporary Design practice, continuing to develop their skills using Adobe Creative Suite and the design process. Students will be required to maintain a visual/digital diary which documents their design process, application of artist models, image making and development of ideas. They will produce work for two internal design briefs which will lead into the 2 x A1 folio boards.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity - You will be challenged to develop a range of ideas, draw inspiration from the world around you, listen to feedback from others and use this to inform your own ideas.
- Deliver an advertising campaign to promote awareness about “The World Around You”. You will use your design skills to draw attention to environmental concerns locally and nationally.
- Decision Making - You will understand the design process, associated language and terminology and apply it to make decisions about successful design solutions.
- Illustration and Photography to develop imagery for use in own design solutions.
- Digital Literacy - Understand and apply Adobe Design Suite skills - Photoshop & InDesign. Effectively use the computer, scanner, printer and digital camera. Create and manipulate graphic images and text.
- Logo Design, Poster Design and Own Choice: Publication, App, Promotional material.
- Visual Literacy - In responding to a design brief, you will need to consider how your work is received by others and understand how to appeal to a target audience and make work that is fit for purpose.
- Explore successful design solutions by looking at advertising in the media today.
All resources are supplied for use in class.