Level 2 Drama - Performing Arts Technologies
Teacher in Charge:
This full year course will offer students the opportunity to select at least THREE substantial Performing Arts Technology units from the following possibilities:
- Design a set item (Level 2)
- Design and construct a stage prop (Level 2)
- Make-up design and application (Level 2)
- Costume design (Level 2)
- Lighting Design (Level 2)
- Assistant Stage Management (Level 2)
- Set construction skills (Level 3)
In conjunction with these, all students will also be required to take a third unit involving the learning and use of Set Construction skills.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Visual communication skills.
- The study of a range of plays and playwrights.Close study of a stage play.
- Social, political, religious, geographical influences within the historical setting of the plays and scenes students design for.
- Collaborative group skills.
- Practical theatre production.
- On the job experience outside of school.
- Individual and collective responsibility.
- Technical Production literacy.
1 x large design drawing books