Level 2 Early Childhood Development
Teacher in Charge:
This course focuses on preparing students for a range of workplaces and for the Level 3 course. Equipping students with the desired employable skills and a knowledge of the basic needs, nutrition, health and wellbeing of young children. Ensuring they have skills in basic hygiene practices; how to care for children, particularly newborns to school age. As well as an understanding of the agencies that support tamariki and their whānau and some of the theories behind child development and their needs.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Care Practical Skills - Working with young children- Practical, how to care for young children.
- Explore the basic needs of children from infant to school age.
- Workplace First Aid & Workplace health and safety.
- Demonstrate the Care practice techniques and explain the health and safety. considerations required in dealing with young children.
- Workplace Qualities - time management, to use a variety of sources to gain information, to use technology appropriately and to problem solve.
- Explore the requirements to keep young children well by examining hygiene practices, health and wellbeing.
- Personal Qualities - Self responsibility, self-discipline and a willingness to learn. Professional behaviour and presentation, work ready skills. With the opportunity to demonstrate these within the classroom, on courses and in a placement at an Early Childhood centre.
- Examine the theories around keeping children safe by looking at attachment theory, the types of early childhood centres found in New Zealand and the agencies that are available to support young children and their whanau.
- Interpersonal Skills - collaboration, self-directed learning, effective communication and how to contribute positively. Within the classroom setting and in a placement with staff and students in a Early childhood setting.
- Explore the requirements of any workplace with professional behaviour and presentation and the workplace First Aid and Health and Safety courses employers want.
- All skills are transferable to a range of work places and settings outside of Early Childhood.
Child Development, Seniors
2B5 exercise book