Level 2 Early Childhood Development
Teacher in Charge:
This course focuses on the basic needs, nutrition, health and wellbeing of young children. Basic hygiene practices and attachment theory, the agencies that support children and their whanau, and how to care for newborns to school age.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Working with young children- Care Practice skills.
- Explore the basic needs of children from infant to school age.
- First Aid & Workplace health and safety.
- Demonstrate the Care practice techniques and explain the health and safety. considerations required in dealing with young children.
- Professional behaviour, presentation & work ready skills- an opportunity to demonstrate these in a placement in an Early Childcare Centre.
- Explore the requirements to keep young children well by examining hygiene practices, health and wellbeing.
- Communication with teaching staff and students in an early childhood setting.
- Examine the theories around keeping children safe by looking at attachment theory, the types of early childhood centres found in New Zealand and the agencies that are available to support young children and their whanau.
Child Development, Seniors
2B5 exercise book