Level 2 English Discovery of Analysis
Teacher in Charge:
This English course aims to provide learners with a meaningful senior entry point into thinking deeply about why and how language is used by different authors for a variety of purposes. Alongside exploring written and visual texts, students will be offered personalised learning opportunities to explore and make informed interpretations of aspects of the human condition as well as develop their own writing skills.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Employ critical information literacy to research a controversial topic.
- Self-selected online sources in an area of personal interest.
- Literature & film analysis - looking between and beyond what in seen on the surface.
- A variety of written and visual texts - usually a novel or short stories and film.
- Thinking about how and why language is used for a given purpose.
- Develop a portfolio of writing, thematically linked to texts.
- Identify and use a range of academic literary tools.
- Film terminology and ability to closely view visual texts.
- Develop written personal voice in a range of genres including creative memoir and academic literary essay.
- Make links and connections with society and the wider world around us.
Exercise book or refill and folder to manage notes