Level 2 English Journeys Through Unfamiliar Texts
Teacher in Charge:
This English course aims to provide learners with an academic understanding and appreciation of language genres, audiences and purposes. Students will work with a variety of thematically linked texts, and are encouraged to read widely and make philosophical connections with themselves and the world around them.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Literature & film analysis - looking between and beyond what is seen on the surface.
- Thematic study of extended written text - various genres.
- Thinking critically about how and why language is used for a given purpose.
- Visual text - usually feature film.
- Identify and use a range of academic literary tools.
- Various short unfamiliar texts which could include NZ poetry, fictional prose & persuasive opinion pieces.
- Develop written personal voice in a range of genres including creative memoir and academic literary essay.
- Literary and filmic devices used by authors.
- Make links and connections with society and the wider world around us.
1B8 exercise book or refill and folder to manage notes, sticky notes / post-it
Option to purchase set written text $25