Level 2 Health Education
Teacher in Charge:
In Level 2 Health students will develop knowledge around the underlying concepts of health and apply this to relevant NZ Health issues. Students will explore techniques for managing change and resilience, gender and sexuality issues, a selected NZ Health issue and participate in the planning and implementation of a health promotion campaign.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking skills - apply critical thinking skills by looking at the bigger picture.
- Explore ways of managing change and resilience (risk and protective factors).
- Attitudes and values - explore a range of attitudes and values in relation to health issues.
- Explore a range of gender and sexuality issues that influence health.
- Decision making - learn about strategies to address key issues in health and how these relate to health enhancing decision making skills.
- Explore a selected adolescent health issue or an issue around personal safety.
- Collaborative group skills - develop collaborative skills through group planning and implementation of a health promotion campaign.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of a health promotion campaign.