Level 2 Music
Teacher in Charge:
In Level 2 Music students will have the opportunity to specialise in areas of group and solo performance, composition and music research and analysis. Most students will be encouraged to take part in a large-scale senior music concert towards the end of the year.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A PERFORMING ARTS COURSE. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE ON A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaborative skills - learning to work together effectively towards a common goal.
- Learn to rehearse and then perform both as part of a group and solo to an audience.
- Communication skills - develop listening, negotiation and interpersonal skills through the rehearsal process.
- Reflect on the rehearsal and performance process.
- Information use - understand and interpret musical scores and notation to be realised in a performance on a chosen instrument.
- Develop instrumental, vocal and compositional techniques.
- Critical thinking skills - listening to and analysing music recordings and scores and making sense of music in a performance context.
- Develop research, writing and presentation skills on an aspect of New Zealand Music.
- Develop skills in supporting and leading music activities with younger children (optional).
Guitar pick (if playing guitar - recommended)
Clarinet reed No.2 or 2.5 (if playing clarinet - recommended)
$20 per term instrument hire (optional) - flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, saxophone