Level 2 Photography
Teacher in Charge:
Students will develop an understanding of visual communication methods and an appreciation of contemporary Photography practice, continuing to develop their skills using Adobe Creative Suite and the photographic process. Students will be required to maintain a visual/digital diary which documents their design process, application of artist models, image making and development of ideas. They will produce work for two internal photographic proposals which will lead into the 2 x A1 folio boards.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity: You will be challenged to extend your ideas, draw inspiration from existing photographers, test and experiment with a wide range of camera functions, lighting and editing techniques.
- You will select your own kaupapa and style to develop a Photographic body of work.
- Decision Making: You will apply the photographic process, associated language and terminology and apply it to make decisions to inform the development of your own photographic practice.
- Learn about the different approaches to Photography including, Fine Art, Documentary and Surrealism.
- Digital Literacy: Use Adobe Photography programmes to edit, create multiple image constructions, and record your ideas.
- Depth of Field, Shutter Speed, Lighting, Multiple Image construction, Projection, Sculptural photography, digital and hand crafted manipulations.
- Time Management: Use the allocated time and set deadlines to manage your work output and receive quality feed-forward on your developing inquiry.
- Use the specialist studio and lighting gear to take your Photography to the next level!
- Collaboration: Develop your collaboration skills as you work together to complete photoshoots. Learn to work with a model and assistants as you capture your imagery.
- Work with a crew of your classmates to manage your model, props, Lights and backdrops.
All resources are supplied for use in class. *It is recommended that students purchase their own 32GB SD card and a USB flash drive to manage their own files.