Level 2 Spanish
Teacher in Charge:
In 2022 students choosing this subject would be working through Te Kura - The Correspondence School - due to low numbers in senior languages classes this year.
To be successful in Level 2 Spanish via Te Kura you would need to have completed a full year 11 Spanish NCEA course. During this option line you would be required to work independently on line and log in to access your work. You will need self-discipline to ensure that you use your independent time appropriately and complete all set work on time. Your Te Kura teacher will communicate with you online to provide help and feedback.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Communication skills - how to speak, listen, read and write in more complex Spanish, including future possibilities and events which might happen.
- The content is decided by Te Kura, but typical topics in the past have included:
- The environment
- Tourism - positives and negatives
- The world of work
- Teenage life in an online environment
- The Spanish-speaking world - “El Mundo Hispanohablante”
- Information Use skills - how to choose which words best suit your communication goal and how to arrange them in authentic Spanish sentences.
- Technology Use skills - how to use digital tools to inform, organise and present your language learning.
- Systems thinking skills - learn a range of patterns in the language and apply them effectively to communicate. Continue to develop cultural understanding through comparisons with your own and Spanish/Hispanic culture.
Modern Foreign Languages, Seniors
To be advised by Te Kura.