Level 2 Wahine Toa
Teacher in Charge:
Do you want to build your knowledge and understanding about what personal changes and issues Wahine face? In Level 2 Wahine Toa students will co-construct the course with the teacher focusing on what they want to learn in regards to women's health and wellbeing.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking skills - exploring women’s health and wellbeing in-depth.
- Personal wellbeing - The reproductive system (Menstruation cycle and period pain), Reproductive issues - fertility, endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, cervical screening / SMEARs, UTIs, Treatments, Miscarriage, Motherhood, Mental health.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relationships and sexuality - students will develop understanding and strategies around issues related to relationships and sexuality e.g. reproductive health, safer sex practices, support services.
- Attitudes and values - understand and accept a range of attitudes and values in relation to health.
- Other possible areas which students may learn about - Nutrition, Skin, Body Image.
- Decision making - build on the ability to make health enhancing decisions for yourself and others.
- Societal issues around women’s health (looking from a cultural lens in NZ and around the world) and wellbeing and how they can support others.
Proposed Credit Information:
This course is not based around A.S and credits however there will be the opportunity for students to use their learning to gain credits in the standard below.