Level 3 Accounting*
Teacher in Charge:
The partnership and company business forms are introduced in terms of processing (general journal entries and ledger accounts) and financial statements are prepared in the format applicable to the entity. The analysis and interpretation focus is on external users. A new Accounting concept of Job Costing for manufacturing and service businesses is introduced.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Information use- classify/code, report and process financial information for Partnerships, Companies and Job Costing.
- How and why to prepare Financial Statements for a Company.
- Applied academic skills- Prepare and explain accounting entries for Partnerships, Companies and Manufacturing Job Cost subsystem.
- Prepare and explain accounting entries for Partnerships and Manufacturing Job Cost subsystem.
- Critical Thinking- interpret Financial Statements using percentages and ratios and make recommendations.
- Research and prepare a formal report that comprehensively interprets a listed company’s financial report and justifies a recommendation for an external user. The report will examine Financial Performance, Liquidity and Cash Management, and Market Analysis. XERO is the in class example.
- Interpersonal skills- group collaboration using research skills.
- How to develop Collaboration within the Business workplace environment.
Business, Money and the Economy, Seniors
1 A4 Lined Refill Pad.