Level 3 Biology*
Teacher in Charge:
In this course students continue to develop their understanding of biological systems, responses, adaptations and evolution. This course encourages critical thinking as students discuss the mechanisms for responses to the environment and the adaptive advantages of key features. It will further develop their ability to interpret texts and write effectively in order to communicate their understanding.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Reading & writing - how to interpret texts to build understanding and communicate this in written form.
- How does the human body ensure that body temperature and blood glucose levels remain within safe levels?
- Critical thinking - evaluating the connections between evidence and ideas.
- How can we use research skills and biological knowledge to evaluate issues facing society today and form our own opinions?
- How do plants and animals respond to their environment in order to ensure survival and reproductive success?
- Research skills in finding and analysing information.
- How has evidence been interpreted to provide an ever-changing picture of how humans evolved from ape-like ancestors over millions of years?
1x 1E5 exercise book OR 30 page clearfile
1x Refill pad
Level 3 Biology SciPad - external workbook (optional)