Level 3 Chemistry with Redox*
Teacher in Charge:
This course will cover key chemical knowledge including thermochemistry, the bonding and reactions of atoms and ions, organic chemistry, spectroscopy and electrochemical cells and applications of these. Students will be able to explain these concepts and use chemistry conventions to support their understanding. Students will undertake analysis and interpretation of data and support this with chemical reaction understanding.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Scientific skills - develop key ideas and apply these to a range of contexts, analyse and interpret results.
- Atomic structure and Bonding-the foundation of all chemical reactions.
- Critical thinking - making connections between core ideas and how these can be applied, understanding links between evidence and theory.
- Multiple types of chemical reactions will be explored to understand how atoms and molecules behave, bond and react in different contexts.
- Problem solving - using data and evidence to interpret information and link these ideas together in order to determine a solution.
- Organic chemistry reactions and identification.
- Spectroscopic analysis of organic molecules.
- Equilibrium reactions and calculations within an aqueous chemistry context.
2-3 x 1E5 or 1E8 exercise book
Scientific or Graphics Calculator
Scipad for 3.4 Thermochemistry, 3.5 Organics and 3.6 Equilibrium (recommended)