Level 3 Art Design*
Teacher in Charge:
Students will be required to maintain a visual/digital diary which documents their generation of ideas, design process, application of artist models, image making and development of ideas. Students will select a topic of their own choice and, using a selection of design briefs, create a body of design work which will be presented on 3 x A1 folio boards for external assessment.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Creativity: You will be challenged to extend your ideas, draw inspiration from existing designers, test and experiment with a wide range of media and techniques.
- You will select your own ‘Social Issue’ or ‘Business’ to develop an advertising campaign that either creates awareness or for promotion.
- Decision Making: You will apply the design process to make decisions about successful design solutions. By identifying a problem you will solve it using this process.
- Use illustration, photography and typographic design solutions to develop imagery for use in own inquiry.
- Digital Literacy - Understand and apply Adobe Design Suite - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator. Create and manipulate images and text.
- Logo Design, Corporate Branding (Business card, letterhead, stickers, tee-shirt) and Own Choice: Publication, App, Website, Spatial Design, 3-D Promotional Material.
- Time Management - Use the allocated time and set deadlines to manage your work output and receive quality feed-forward on your developing inquiry.
- Explore successful design solutions by looking at advertising and the media today along with contemporary designers from NZ and beyond.