Level 3 English Exploring the Human Condition *
Teacher in Charge:
This is a course which encourages students to delve deeply into what makes humans ‘tick’. Through a range of extended written and visual texts, students will explore how humans respond to external influences. Students will have opportunities to curate a writing portfolio, to respond to critical writing around a chosen theme, and to prepare for external examinations in written text and film.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Develop written personal voice in a range of genres including creative non-fiction and academic literary essay.
- In-depth study of a written text- either Shakespearean tragedy or dystopian.
- Think critically about how and why language is used for a given purpose.
- Visual text- feature length film.
- Read, and critique, a range of critics’ articles associated with their studied written text.
- Explore a range of writing genres, and develop sustained writing for a portfolio.
- Engage in rich discussion.
- What makes a speech effective? Compose and deliver seminar to peer group.
Optional literature text to purchase $20