Level 3 French*
Teacher in Charge:
In 2022 students choosing this subject would be working through Te Kura - The Correspondence School - due to low numbers in senior languages classes this year.
To be successful in Level 3 French via Te Kura you would need to have completed a full year 11 course and achieved Level 2 NCEA French. During this option line you would be required to work independently on line and log in to access your work. Your Te Kura teacher will communicate with you online to provide help and feedback.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Communication skills - how to speak, listen, read and write in more complex French, including hypothetical, global and abstract ideas.
- The content would be decided by Te Kura. However, typical Year 13 topics are:
- The changing nature of family/Women’s role
- Refugees/migrants/racism/religious freedom
- Natural disasters/Climate change
- University life/Gap Year/Career pathways
- Relationship issues
- Information Use skills - how to choose which words best suit your communication goal and how to arrange them in effective French sentences.
- Technology Use skills - how to use digital tools to access, organise and present your language learning.
- Critical Thinking - analyse and critique aspects of French culture.
- Systems thinking skills - learn a range of patterns in the language and apply them effectively to communicate. Continue to develop cultural understanding through comparisons with your own and French culture.
Modern Foreign Languages, Seniors
To be advised by Te Kura.