Level 3 Financial Skills for Life
Teacher in Charge:
This course will help each student to become a financially capable person who is able to make informed judgements and effective decisions regarding their personal use and management of money. The course is based on the Level 3 Financial Capability unit standards. Financial Skills for Life will help prepare students for their future working/studying life next year.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Resource management and technology - use financial websites to develop financial capabilities ie Financial literacy and numeracy.
- Manage income, spending and saving eg prepare budgets, set goals. Understand the implications of earning an income eg PAYE tax, kiwisaver, saving.
- Information use and critical thinking - gather targeted information from reliable sources to make informed decisions.
- Assess the financing options when buying a property.
- Critical thinking- use pros/ cons strategic thinking for problem solving.
- Analyse credit options,set goals including long term financial planning.
- Interpersonal skills- use research, negotiation, communication, problem solving and working together in group collaboration.
- Analyse the impact(s) on finances of local, national and global external factors.
- Accessing government services on financial websites, use digital tools and use spreadsheets.
Business, Money and the Economy, Seniors
1 A4 Lined refill pad