Level 3 Geography*
Teacher in Charge:
Geography is the study of places and relationships between people and their environments. Geographers are cross-curricular thinkers that seek to understand where things are found, why they are there and how they change over time.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaboration - Students will work in groups when doing field work.
- Geographic Skills - Including local field work and research.
- Communication - Share thoughts and listen to others. To continue to develop both written and verbal communication skills.
- Coastal Processes - Studying Ruakaka Beach.
- Critical Thinking - To think critically about people’s differing perspectives in relation to Sustainable Environments and Geographic Issues.
- Current Geographic Issue - Conflicting values over use of land eg Ihumatao.
- Field Work and Research Techniques
- How a cultural process shapes an environment - Studying Tourism at Waitomo.
- Research - eg The popularity of local exercise venues.
- Global Patterns - Global tourism.
Field trip: There is a possibility for a trip to Tongariro and Waitomo
1B8 exercise book
Pens, Glue Stick