Level 3 Health Education*
Teacher in Charge:
Are you interested in what is affecting our own , others and societies health and wellbeing from a wider perspective? In Level Three Health Education students will apply a broader perspective of the underlying concepts to a range of national and international health issues.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Critical thinking skills - exploring the bigger picture of health.
- Influences, implications and strategies in relation to national and international health issues. For example drug use, global poverty.
- Communication and Collaborative skills.
- Understand the pros and cons of a selected ethical health issue. For example euthanasia, medical marijuana, vaccination.
- Attitudes and values - understand and accept a range of attitudes and values in relation to health and wellbeing.
- Learn about and compare a range of NZ Health practices. For example Western Medicine, Complementary and Alternative Medicine and / or Traditional Medicine.
- Written and oral skills (researching referencing and presenting).