Level 3 Music*
Teacher in Charge:
In Level 3 Music students will have the opportunity to specialise in areas of group and solo performance, composition, songwriting and music research and analysis. Most students will be encouraged to take part in a large-scale senior music concert towards the end of the year.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A PERFORMING ARTS COURSE. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE ON A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Collaborative skills - learning to work together effectively towards a common goal.
- Learn to rehearse and then perform both as part of a group and solo to an audience.
- Communication skills - develop listening, negotiation and interpersonal skills through the rehearsal process.
- Reflect on the rehearsal and performance process.
- Information use - understand and interpret musical scores and notation to be realised in a performance on a chosen instrument.
- Develop instrumental, vocal and compositional techniques.
- Critical thinking skills - listening to and analysing music recordings and scores and making sense of music in a performance context.
- Develop research, writing and presentation skills on a Music topic of your choice.
- Develop skills in supporting and leading music activities with younger children (optional).
Guitar pick (if playing guitar - recommended)
Clarinet reed No.2 or 2.5 (if playing clarinet - recommended)
$20 per term instrument hire (optional) - flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, saxophone