Level 3 Tourism
Teacher in Charge:
In Level 3 students study tourism with a view to possible employment or further study in the industry when they leave school. They will learn who is a tourist, where they go and why. They will also explore Tourism career pathways, work roles and industry expectations.
In this course you will need to:
|Develop these skills:||Explore this content:|
- Interpersonal Skills – collaboration, self-directed learning, effective communication and how to contribute positively.
- The following topics will be covered:
- Pacific Islands
- Promote Queenstown or Rotorua.
- Personal Qualities – self-responsibility, self-discipline and a willingness to learn.
- Explore various destinations with a focus on how the tourism industry meets the needs of a tourist.
- Workplace Qualities – time management, to use a variety of sources to gain information, to use technology appropriately and to problem solve.
- Learn about popular places, landmarks, attractions, and activities around the world.
- Mapping and Data Interpretation.
Pens & Highlighters